Farley's Lilypie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Solids

Yay, Farley is old enough to start cereal! She had her first bites on Saturday and although it took her a few days, she's finally warmed up to this "food not from the bottle" stuff. Seriously, at first, she was so disgusted with the rice cereal. She gagged and clamped down and wasn't having it. But, then, after some patient persistence from her mom, she figured out that she could chew on that spoon thing I had and it was on like a chicken bone! I think the cereal actually getting in her mouth and swallowed is just a by-product of the spoon chewing, but I'll take it! Here she is on her first try:
Farley's next favorite thing to eat is her feet! I get so tickled... as soon as her pants come off when we get home (I guess she can't get all contorted in her clothes), that foot goes straight into her mouth. I've always thought it was so cute when babies did that, so I was thrilled when she learned that trick. When she does it, I start quoting my version of Pink Floyd... "how can you have any pudding if you don't eat your feet?" I'm such a nerd.

1 comment:

  1. I need a Farley fix before the six-month mile marker! More photos at your convenience, please. Love and miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete