Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Please excuse me while I wallow in my own rockin'-ness. I sent this pic last night to Jason and my mom and my subject line was seriously: "I am the craftiest crafter in history!" I'm sure this is no biggie, but I'm so proud of the onesies I did for Farley. This is gonna save some monogramming money fo' sho'. I might start doing these for gifts!
Farley wore the one on the right today with some green capris. She was the cutest little leprechaun!
Sorry for the picture made on the kitchen counter. Lovely shot, huh? And with my phone again! Yeesh- I guess I just use the camera for Farley!
Monday, March 15, 2010
- Talk, talk, talk, you're always talking- My word, this girl is definitely her father's daughter. Between the two of them, I don't know when I'll ever get a word in edgewise (though I'm sure I do my fair share of chatting). She looooves to talk as much as she can. She just babbles away at me, Jason, the cat, her toys...anything. She says tons of consonant sounds (all except ma-ma, of course) and loves to say "uh oh" and will also say "bye-bye" (more like bah-bah) some of the time. Usually a delayed reaction-- she'll say it once we leave the room or get in the car!
- Stand in the place where you live- Now that she can pull up, she stands all the time. So, the routine goes: crawl really fast to a sturdy object; pull up on said object; babble while holding on to object; lather, rinse, repeat.
- Food snob- Although she's gotten better about not yacking every time I try to feed her something other than her faves, she's still not so gung-ho about everything. The funniest thing about her eating habits is this: if someone is feeding her, the food has to be finely pureed. If she's eating finger foods, texture is okay. If you try to spoon feed her something with texture: OH I KNOW YOU DI-INT!!!
- Hair we go- Finally (wootwoot) she's growing some hair. Enough to stick a bow in! Wheee. I put them on to send her to daycare and the other day they told me I didn't have to put them on (shah!) because she just pulled them out. That's when I replied that she needed to wear them so she could get used to them. How exactly is she supposed to be the best-dressed baby in school without the proper accoutrements?
- Step one is admitting you have a problem- Well, this is more about me than Farley, but I want to report that I know that I have a problem, it's just that I've decided to embrace it. Yes, I know she has too many clothes. As I tell others... if I looked that cute in everything, I'd buy that many clothes for myself. But, since shoes are the only thing guaranteed not to make my butt look big, I just have a lot of those. Anyway... back to Farley's sitch... yes, she has lots of clothes. But I just can't stop. End of story. (Actually, epilogue to the story-- I'm also going to try designing and making her some tops with fabric transfers. Maybe if they're successful, I'll blog about them.)
- Brusha brusha brusha- Heck to the no, we still don't have any teeth. (but we do brush our gums every night) I know I say this every month, but I really really think she'll bust out a tooth sometime soon. She is chewing everything and has started chewing her fingers, which she never did before. Plus, I think I feel a little bump on her gums. I'll probably be writing this same update next month...