Farley's Lilypie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 12, 2009

5 Months

I am a posting maniac tonight. While I'm on a roll...
Today is Farley's 5-month birthday and I guess it's time for my monthly "what I want to remember about this age" post:
  • Grabby grabby touchy touchy- Farley wants to grab and touch everything. I mean everything! It's so fun to walk around and watch her feel things for the first time.
  • Sleeping- Barring anything crazy (I'm looking at you, time change), Farley is doing a great job sleeping now. She typically sleeps anywhere from 9 to 10 hours a night and really doesn't wake up in the night very often. Mainly, she'll wake up and might fuss for a minute, but generally falls right back to sleep. I know that this sweet sweet much-needed rest (for me and Jason) won't last forever (hello six month growth spurt, teething, etc), so I am enjoying while I can.
  • Creeping- Well, I don't really know if it's creeping, really, but Farley can move a teeny amount when she's on her belly now. I think it is mainly through sheer will to reach the toy in front of her, cause goodness knows the only thing touching the floor is her belly. Her arms and legs are both extended and waving wildly. She looks like she's swimming through air and it's hysterical.
  • Easygoing- Farley is really (I hate to say this again because it sounds so braggy) an easy baby. She is content to hang out or play with you as long as you want (until naptime) as long as you pay her attention (which she doesn't find too hard to come by). Everyday when I pick her up from daycare they tell me how good she is.
  • Pushups- She (in preparation for this crawling mess that I fear will come too soon for my taste) does pushups. The funniest thing is that she'll do them over and over and then just lay her head down for a second and then pop right back up. You know, a girl's gotta take a break every now and then!

Here she is today practicing her pushups.

No comments:

Post a Comment