Farley's Lilypie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Six Months!

I know, I know!!! I should be flogged for my lack of blog! I have been terrible for a whole month and I should be ashamed. I know the busy-ness of the holidays shouldn't be an excuse, but I'm gonna use it anyway- between shopping, wrapping, and decorating on top of all my regular mom and work duties, this really is one of the first times I've sat down and had some time to dedicate to my faithful (four) readers!
Now that I've gotten that off my chest, I do have a six-month post to make. "What about Thanksgiving, other family gatherings and big news like how Farley has moved up to the infant 2 room at daycare?" you ask. Well, I'm going to see how much I can get done tonight-- no promises, but I'll cover what I can.

Here goes: Farley turned six months old yesterday. Happy half a year, sweet baby! I can't believe she's been here that long already, but it's been the best six months of my life. Things I want to remember about her at this age:
  • Sitting pretty- My supported sitter has moved to completely independent sitting now. I'm not saying she doesn't take a tumble every now and then, but for the most part, she loves to sit on the floor and just play with her toys and look around (to make sure you're watching, of course).
  • Knaw, knaw- As I write this, I think in my heart of hearts that surely, SURELY we will have a tooth tomorrow morning when we wake up. But, I've been thinking that for like a week now! Farley has been sorta teething for about more than a month now, but for the past couple of weeks, we have been what I call "hard core teething." Cranky, chewy, a little fussy (strange for her), slight fever, boom boom diapers (you don't want to know)... all the signs. Where's my stinkin' tooth? Yeesh!
  • She has the funniest smile! Her daycare teachers, her photographer yesterday, everyone thinks she has the best smile. That's because instead of a little grin, she smiles with her mouth wide open. It's hysterical... I wondered why she was smiling like that, but then after some careful observation, I noticed that Jason and I both open our mouths huge like that (Jason's is HUGE). It's just a lot cuter when Farley does it!
  • Her laugh. I'm gonna say that's she's pretty stingy with her laughs, but when you do get them and she gets really tickled, it's like the sweetest sound on Earth.
  • Fuzz head- About two weeks ago, Farley pretty much went completely bald! I was bemoaning the fact and then, all of a sudden, all this fuzzy hair started growing in-- and it's growing so fast! I think it's going to be light brown this time around.
  • Feeding time! Farley should get the go-ahead from the doctor tomorrow to start real food (not just cereal) so I know she's excited. She never really liked the rice too much, but I started her on mixed a week ago and that is something she can get behind.
  • Separation issues- Farley has really started getting upset when you leave her, put her down, think you're going to do something other than hold her... I know this is a phase we're going through, and some days are better than others. Sometimes, if she's occupied with a really interesting toy, you can walk into the laundry room to start a load of clothes. Other days, she thinks you have lost your stinkin' mind if you think you're going to put her down even long enough to run to the potty! I try not to think this is a bad thing, especially considering one day when she's older she'll probably be mad if I walk into her room!!!

As always, she continues to amaze us every day. She is growing like a weed (bye bye cute 3-6 month clothes... hello 6-9! Don't worry, she's not hurting for anything precious to wear in her two closets full!!!) She loves any and all attention and between Jason and me and the rest of her family and being the teacher's pet at daycare, she's pretty much covered!!! Here's some previews from her six-month session yesterday.


4 comments:

  1. Can that baby be any cuter? Honestly, it isn't fair to other grandmothers to have to see her!! I'm just sayin'....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie-pie! I can almost hear her squeal in that second picture. Such a happy girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutest. . . blog post. . . ever! The befuddled look with the hat on just kills me. And the other one in the hat is just ridonkulously cute. Thanks for the auntie picture, too! Any teeth yet?
    Mucho love to all three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope... no teeth. What are those things waiting for? She has actually stopped teething really bad. She goes through phases (which I've heard is normal) and I guess we're getting a break until next time.

    ReplyDelete