Farley's Lilypie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 14, 2009

3 Month Old

Well, well... I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm a Mom of a three-month old! (A quarter-year old?) Farley had her quarter birthday Saturday and we had her pictures made. Now, I'll get to the part where I talk about how I can't believe it, but first I want to talk pictures.

Let me tell you what... I'm going to start calling Farley "Hollywood." We rolled up in JC Penney (yeah, that's where we had them done and they were great) like she was a child star and we were her entourage. Jason was her entertainment during the photo shoot, I was hair and makeup (well, just hair, really) and Mom was wardrobe! She did such a good job, though, and we really did get some good ones. It was much more relaxing than the newborn "scream fest" shoot-- for everyone except Jason. He was working up a sweat dancing and making goofy faces. Yes, the portrait studio is glass on one side and yes, the nice shoppers of JC Penney thought he needed to be committed. Here's a preview:

Now, on to the "I can't believe it" part. I never believed or anticipated how wonderful, tiring, special, hard, and did I mention wonderful it would be having Farley in our lives. It really is one of those things you can never understand until you do it yourself. I know billions upon billions of people have had babies, but it's like one of my favorite quotes:

"Every child begins the world again." - Henry David Thoreau

Farley has really gotten quite a personality. As Jason reminded me today when I was wondering why she had slept the whole night before last, but had gotten up at 4 this morning and stayed up... "she's her own person." And she really is! She has and continues to amaze me with every small thing she does or masters. Things about her at three months that I want to remember...

  • At first I thought she was going to be very serious with her furrowed brow all the time- now she's a pretty easy smiler and is trying really hard to laugh.
  • Farley's a morning person! This did not come from either of her parents, but if you spend a little time with her in the morning, you'll get enough smiles to last you the whole day.
  • It was cute when she learned to blow raspberries. The new trick, grunting... not so precious. Naturally, Jason encourages it every chance he gets!
  • She really, really, really wants to roll over. But, I don't know what going to happen once she gets there, since being on her tummy is like baby torture to Farley!
  • She really is an easy baby. When I was pregnant, I was worried I would get a crier or colicky baby, but she really cries very little. Any fusses can usually be remedied by being held and cuddled.
  • Holy smokes, baby girl clothes are cute and addictive. Granted, this child does probably have more than she can wear before she grows out of them, but I maintain that she is and will continue to be the cutest and best-dressed baby in daycare!
  • Last thing I'd want to remember... I guess that right now at this moment, all prejudice aside, she is the most beautiful and wonderful baby ever. I'm just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment